- Pressured to develop a new product in a hurry?
- Do increased perfomance and demands for lower design and manufacturing costs pose a challenge?
- Can you free up engineering resources?
- How do you calculate the costs of building an integrated design or buying an off-the-shelf solution?
- Does the right OS have the BSPs you need?
- Join this webinar to find out how to use the innovative Buy Vs. Build Calculator to
- Speed your time to market,
- Free up your engineering resources
- Lower development and manufacturing costs
New product features, certification, increased performance and quicker design cycles are pressuring device manufacturers to reduce costs and still meet their time tomarket requirements. One option is using MCU-based modules with production-ready BSPs and possibly eliminating development time and saving on design and manufacturing costs.
This webinar will show you how to use the Buy vs. Build on-line calculator to help you navigate the steps (and costs) involved with building the project including:
- Concept, selecting memory, interfaces, certification
- Hardware design, reviews, documentation
- Layout design, test points, autorouting
- Initial prototyping, BOM Costs, test tools
- Software design, BSP and OS selection, validation
- Pre-production qualification, testing
- Manufacturing costs, etc.
- Risk, investment and lifecycle management
At the completion of this 30-minute free webinar you will emerge with the knowedge to accurately calculate whether to buy an embedded module or build an integrated system in-house. PLUS: you can down-load the calculator on your computer as a free gift from us for attending!
Who should attend:
- Firmware Developers
- Software Developers
- Engineering Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Distributor, VAR and Supplier FAEs & Sales Reps
Glenn ImObersteg is the President of Convergence Promotions and a 30-year veteran in the embedded industry. An expert in designing programs to help engineers select the right semiconductors and tools for their applications, he has designed dozens of tools ecosystems for semiconductor companies like Intel, Siemens, Motorola, Freescale, and ARM and for distributors like Arrow and Digi-Key. He currently manages Embedded Developer and a tools distribution, sales and technical support service in North America.
Wolfgang Heinz-Fischer is the head of marketing for TQ Systems in Germany. He has worked for some of the industry’s leading board manufacturers, and is an acclaimed speaker and author of numerous whitepapers and technical articles on embedded modules, standards, and the industry.